- 13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colors
- Supported resolutions: 1440 by 900 (native), 1280 by 800, 1152 by 720, and 1024 by 640 pixels at 16:10 aspect ratio and 1024 by 768 and 800 by 600 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio
256GB PCIe-based flash storage
- 1.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz) with 3MB shared L3 cache
- 4GB of 1600MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory
- Cycle: 94
Size and Weight
- Height: 0.11-0.68 inch (0.3-1.7 cm)
- Width: 12.8 inches (32.5 cm)
- Depth: 8.94 inches (22.7 cm)
- Weight: 2.96 pounds (1.35 kg)3
Graphics and Video Support
- Intel HD Graphics 5000
- Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors
- Thunderbolt digital video output
- Native Mini DisplayPort output
- DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter (sold separately)
- VGA output using Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter (sold separately)
- Dual-link DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter (sold separately)
- HDMI audio and video output using third-party Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter (sold separately)
- 720p FaceTime HD camera
Connections and Expansions
- Dual mics
- Two USB 3 ports (up to 5 Gbps)
- Thunderbolt port (up to 10 Gbps)
- MagSafe 2 power port
- SDXC card slot
802.11ac Wi-Fi networking;4 IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- Stereo speakers
- Dual microphones
- Headphone port
- Support for Apple iPhone headset with remote and microphone
Keyboard and Trackpad
- Full-size backlit keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted “T” arrangement) with ambient light sensor
- Multi-Touch trackpad for precise cursor control; supports inertial scrolling, pinch, rotate, swipe, three‑finger swipe, four-finger swipe, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities
Electrical and Operating Requirements
- Line voltage: 100-240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: -13° to 113° F (-25° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
OS X Mavericks: Easy to use, incredibly powerful, and packed with features you’ll love, OS X Mavericks is the world’s most advanced desktop operating system. Learn more about OS X Mavericks
OS X Mavericks Includes:
- Notification Center
- Facebook Integration
- Twitter Integration
- Multiple Display Support
- Finder Tabs and Tags
- iCloud Keychain
- Mission Control
- Spotlight Search
- Safari Power Saver
- App Nap
- Power Nap
- Compressed Memory
- Built-in Sharing
- Time Machine
- Photo Booth
- Game Center
- Mac App Store
Limited Warranty and Service
Your MacBook Air comes with 90 days of free telephone support and a one-year limited warranty. Purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan to extend your service and support to three years from your computer’s purchase date. Only the AppleCare Protection Plan provides you with direct telephone support from Apple technical experts and the assurance that repairs will be handled by Apple-authorized technicians using genuine Apple parts. For more information, visit Apple Support or call 800-823-2775.
In the Box
- MacBook Air
- Power adapter
- AC wall plug
- Power cord
MacBook Air and the Environment
Apple takes a complete product life cycle approach to determining our environmental impact. Learn more
MacBook Air is designed with the following features to reduce its environmental impact:
- Highly recyclable aluminum enclosure
- Meets ENERGY STAR Version 6.0 requirements
- Rated EPEAT Gold7
Apple and the Environment
Learn more about Apple’s dedication to reducing the environmental impact of our products and process. Or read our Product Environmental Reports for detailed information on the environmental performance of every Apple product.
Apple takes a holistic view of materials management and waste minimization. Learn more about how to recycle your Mac.
Declared noise emission values in accordance with ECMA-109
|Sound Power Level|
|Sound Pressure Level|
|Wireless web||1.30 (KV=0.25)||4.0|
- LWA,m is the mean A-weighted sound power level, rounded to the nearest 0.05 B.
- LpA,m is the mean A-weighted sound pressure level measured at the operator position (rounded to the nearest 0.5 dB).
- 1 B (bel) = 10 dB (decibel)
- KV is the statistical adder for computing upper-limit of A-weighted sound power level.
- The quantity, LWA,c (formerly called LWAd) may be computed from the sum of LWA,m and KV.
- The Wireless web test browses 25 popular websites.
- Configuration tested: 1.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor, 4GB memory, 256GB flash storage.
Displays and Adapters
- Apple Thunderbolt Display
- Apple Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
- Apple Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
- Apple Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter
- MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter
AirPort and Wireless
- AirPort Express
- AirPort Extreme
- AirPort Time Capsule
- Apple USB SuperDrive
- Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
- Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter
- 45W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter
- AppleCare Protection Plan
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Testing conducted by Apple in March 2014 using preproduction 1.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5–based 13-inch MacBook Air units and preproduction 1.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5–based 11-inch MacBook Air units. The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The HD movie playback test measures battery life by playing back HD 720p content with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The standby test measures battery life by allowing a system, connected to a wireless network and signed into an iCloud account, to enter standby mode with Safari and Mail applications launched and all system settings left at default. Battery life varies by use and configuration. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.
- Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- Requires Internet access. 802.11ac is based on an IEEE draft specification.
- Pages, Numbers, and Keynote are free on the Mac App Store for qualifying Mac computers purchased on or after October 1, 2013. OS X Mavericks required. Downloading apps requires an Apple ID.
- PVC-free AC power cord available in all regions except India and South Korea.
- MacBook Air achieved a Gold rating from EPEAT in the U.S. and Canada.